How to access IELTS results through online
Overview of IELTS results
If you are the one who is done with their IELTS examination then it is evident that the results will be out after 13days after the test date. However, there are many confusions related to the IELTS result. The results are given out in the format of TRF (test report form) and every student receives one TRF of its own. This report form depicts the result of all sections of IELTS which are reading, writing, listening, and speaking. Plus, the complete score is given in the TRF. The whole scoring method takes place out of the 9 band scale.
Test Report Form carries a huge weightage for every student. The skills of every student, be it speaking, listening, writing, or speaking is marked on the band scale of 1-9. Thus, the IELTS exam results decide further steps to be taken by the students.
What is the correct way to calculate the IELTS score?
There is an easy method to calculate the IELTS score within a few minutes. Although the result given in the TRF report is never wrong and just to be aware of the correct method all you need is to calculate the average of all section’s score. For example, if you are calculating the score of all, Listening, Writing, Reading, and Speaking, the sum of all these sections is to be divided by four. In case the average or mean results in a decimal point, at that point the score will be rounded off. It will either be to close to the half or the next whole band.
This can be explained in a way, if the mean is .25 then will be close to the next half band. If you have a mean score of 6.25 then the ultimate score is calculated as 6.5. On the contrary, if you have a score such as .75 or 6.75 then the ultimate core will be calculated at 7.
This is the correct way to calculate the overall band in IELTS results. However, different band scores decide the level of skill of students. Here is a quick guide to knowing about what is the meaning and importance of each band score.
- Band 9 – this band score defines that the scorer is an expert user which means that he has highly operational command over the language.
- Band 8 – the band score is for very good users. The meaning of this band is that the student or person is completely operational in its language but with some unsystematic inaccuracies.
- Band 7 – it is for good users. The meaning of this band is the student has operational command over the language but with random inaccuracies and mistakes in various situations.
- Band 6 – this score is given to competent users. It means that the user can operate as well as understand the complex language but in some familiar situations.
- Band 5 – this score is given to modest users. The meaning of this score is that student has limited command over the language but can cope up with the meanings of most situations. However, he is known to make mistakes.
- Band 4 – the score is for limited users, the one who has numerous problems while understanding the situations and expressions. Also, the user is unable to use intricate language.
- Band 3 – the score is for exceptionally limited users. The user is known to understand the meaning in familiar situations and faces breakdowns while communicating.
- Band 2 – this is for an intermittent user who faces difficulty while speaking, writing, and understanding English.
- Band 1 – the score is for non-users who have zero ability in the language.
- Band 0 – the score is for users who didn’t try the test.
What is the method to check IELTS result online?
There are various methods or ways to check the IELTS result online. One can try various modes like online, SMS, email as well as the test center to check their IELTS result. However, here are some steps to check the IELTS result online within a few minutes:
- The initial step is to go to the official website of the British Council.
- Click on the link of ‘Results’.
- Then select the right date of the test.
- Fill in all the necessary details such as candidate number, date of birth, etc. and continue.
This method is known as a provisional online result. The availability of provisional results is only 28 days. On the other hand, the provisional results are available online after 13days you appear for your test. However, the provisional results are not considered formal results. Also, the screenshots or printouts of the results are not IELTS results. Therefore, you have to wait for the TRF to be mailed as a formal result.
What is the way to seek IELTS result through SMS?
Another way to check the IELTS result is through SMS. The process is very simple and takes hardly a minute to check the IELTS result. All you have to do is send some personal information like candidate number and passport number on 9289892898 phone number. This is to be done after 12noon when the IELTS result is announced.
Getting IELTS result through SMS is hustle free and very quick.
What is the method to get IELTS through Email?
Checking IELTS result through Email is another option that you can go through according to your convenience. However, the British Council sends mail to every student who appeared for an IELTS exam. Therefore, it is imperative to keep a check on the email accounts to receive such notifications. This will keep the students well informed all the time.
What is the way to seek IELTS results via the test center?
Apart from options like SMS or Email, you can also seek IELTS results via the test center. All you need is to follow some crucial steps which are mentioned below:
- You either need to show your ID number or your passport at the test center.
- The students also require their candidate ID which they got on the day of the test.
- Apart from this, the students who have already made it clear to seek IELTS result through the test center will not receive any kind of SMS or Email for their test results.
Test Report Form (TRF)
The TRF or test report form is given to all the candidates who appeared for the IELTS examination. This report depicts the band scores of a candidate including all sections of IELTS, Reading, Listening, Writing, and Speaking. Plus it depicts the overall band score. However, TRF is of two types which are mentioned below:
- Personal TRF – the personal TRF is for the candidates. This TRF shows the band score of all the four sections of IELTS including the overall band score. It is important that the student must take care of personal TRF because the British Council does not offer another TRF in case of anything. It is better to have a copy of TRF.
The personal TRF is sent through speed post or courier. Every student gets an SMS related to the delivery of TRF and its tracking ID. The courier related to TRF takes up to 10 days to reach the student after the date of the declaration of IELTS results.
- Institutional TRF – the institutional TRF is all about sending your TRF score report up to five colleges and universities and that too for free. There is also an option to ask for more institutional TRF that they booked during registration. To do this, the students need to provide the proper address of the colleges and universities as well as additional TRF form. The additional TRF is sent to the universities and colleges for which the student gave the information.
Additional Score Report
The students have the option to send their TRF to more than five colleges and universities. This process takes place through an additional score report. However, this process or service is paid and is done until the validity of TRF. The additional score report can pass on by modes like:
- Electronic – the universities and colleges that support the electronic download of IELTS scores (STED RO) can have the TRF through this medium. The students only have to pay INR 250 to send their additional score reports to each university.
- International courier – this mode takes around 4 days to deliver additional score reports to universities and colleges internationally. The students can track the courier through the tracking number sent via SMS. The charges of this mode are INR 1250 for one university or college.
- Through post – this mode takes more time than the other modes. Two weeks of time is required to send an additional score report through the post. Also, no tracking number is provided to the students in this mode. The charge of this mode is INR 250/address.
EoR also is known as an enquiry on result is a method that is used when a candidate wants to re-mark their IELTS test. To continue with the process, every candidate should apply EoR within the timeline of 6weeks. A student can either go for re-marking of one section or complete four sections.
The EoR process involves, filling the EoR form, submission of original TRF, and fee deposit. Usually, it takes 6-8 weeks to re-mark the IELTS test.
Apart from them, know more about IELTS Syllabus and it’s Pattern